What makes the Children Learning Reading program special?
How does the Children Learning Reading program works?
The program is based around a concept called phonemes, which are (in very simple terms), the sounds that make up words we use in our everyday language. The program seeks to teach your child to read by first building up your child’s ability to read and understand the phonemes that make up everyday words. Once your child can do this then they have all the tools they need to start making sense of new words, which will in turn make their reading skills stronger and stronger.
Progress demonstrated using the Children Learning Reading program from 2y4m to 3y10m
Why is the Children Learning Reading program different?
The program is different from other programs out there because it does not rely on teaching words by sight, a method that relies on children recognising and memorising words by their content and structure. You may have seen (or even purchased!) courses that promote whole word recognition learning, these courses often require you to sit your child in front of a television or computer monitor for a significant amount of time in order for them to learn words which will allow them to begin their reading journey.
The advantage over a whole word recognition learning course is that it is able to teach it’s methods in short and enjoyable incremental steps. This has a number of advantages, which include –
- You and your child will be able to spend enjoyable time together as they learn to read. No forcing your child to sit through boring ‘monitor marathons’
- As the lessons are so short they are easy to fit into your daily routine. The whole course consists of 50 lessons and the lessons are designed in a way that it won’t matter if you miss a few days between them. So your child can continue on the path to reading success even if ‘life gets in the way’
- The lessons are designed in a way that will allow you and your child to see the progress they are making. So you will each get a thrill when progress is made.
- Because the steps in the course are so simple it is possible for young children to grasp them. Indeed, many children as young as two and a half have significantly enhanced their reading skills by using the program
- The first part of the course teaches your child phonemes so they have a really solid basis in the skills that will allow them to go on to be a prolific reader. The second part of the courses focuses on building on the skills learnt in part 1 to allow your child to take their reading skills to the next level.
This program includes a 60 day money back guarantee.